The Oral Health Sciences Masters program is a one year program with 30 credits. Students would begin in the summer (July) term and continue through the Winter term with a capstone project due at the end of the training. The program is intended to prepare a student for the following options:
- to acquire skills and knowledge necessary for a competitive dental school application
- to acquire skills and knowledge necessary for a competitive application to a PhD training program
- to acquire skills and knowledge necessary for employment in a research laboratory in the field of oral health sciences and craniofacial research
Students will be able to choose from two different subplans:
The curriculum will have 4 main components:
- Core requirements
- Basic science requirements
- Thesis/Capstone project
Application to the OHS MS program will open September 9th and close February 5th and can be found at Rackham Graduate School.
APPLICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- GPA: B average on a 4.0 Scale
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)- Should be concise, well written statement about your academic and research background that also describes your future career goals. In this statement, answer the question: How can the OHS Program help meet your career and educational goals? Length 1-2 pages.
- Personal Statement (PS) - Describes your journey that led you to the pursuit of a graduate degree. Length 1 page
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume - This should be 1-4 pages and include education, work and/or research experience, publications, lectures and seminars, poster presentations, awards/scholarships, volunteer opportunities.
- For international students, English language proficiency
Application Fee and Codes
Application to the Oral Health Science Programs is through Rackham Graduate School’s application portal. Please select Admissions from the menu and the Ann Arbor Campus. Oral Health Sciences is found under the Dentistry heading. The application system is called CollegeNet/Apply Web.
If you or your recommender need technical assistance regarding the application or recommendation systems please email ApplyWeb at email@example.com. Include the following information: user name, full name, email address, and phone number. Please allow 24 hours for a response.
Oral Health Sciences PhD Program Application Code: 02378
|United States citizen or applicant with permanent resident visa status||$75|
|Current Rackham student, regardless of citizenship||$10|
The application fee is due when you submit your application. The fee is non-refundable and subject to change. Applications submitted without the fee will be withdrawn from the review process.
For tuition information please visit the Office of the Registrar Tuition & Fees and choose the following:
- College/School: Rackham
- Level of Study: Graduate
If you need an F-1 or J-1 visa, the University of Michigan is required by the U.S. government to obtain documentation proving that international applicants (non-U.S. Citizens) have adequate financial resources to provide for their expenses while in the United States. Rackham Admissions is the U-M office that will prepare your I-20 or DS-2019 after you have provided the required documents through Wolverine Access.
For instructions and information, please review the Immigration documents.
|September 9||Admission Cycle Opens for OHS MS through Rackham|
|February 5||OHS MS Application Cycle Closes|
School of Dentistry, Office of Research and Research Training
1011 N. University G306, Ann Arbor, MI 48109