How to Apply
The application for the 2019 Profile for Success Program is now available.
Please Note: All application materials must be typed.
To be considered complete, an application packet must include the following:
- A 2-3 paragraph essay explaining how you qualify for PFS. Any documents that can support this statement.
- A list of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math, English, Sociology, and Psychology course(s) you have completed and/or in which you are currently enrolled.
- An essay (500 word minimum) addressing the questions below:
- What exposure have you had to the field of dentistry and how has this influenced you?
- What are your goals as a health professional?
- How would you describe yourself? How would others describe you?
- Explain why you want to participate in this program and why we should select you as a participant.
- What unique skills, qualities, or life experiences would you bring to a health profession?
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation. Two letters should be from science instructors/professors, and the third can be from an individual of your choice.
- Official college transcripts from each institution you have attended.
Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2019.
Application packets, transcripts, and recommendations should be sent to:
Profile for Success
University of Michigan School of Dentistry
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Dental Building Room G226
1011 N. University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078