Posters are due to the Research Office by Monday, February 19th by 5:00pm
Posters will be presented on February 21, 2018 - at the Michigan League from 2:00-4:15pm
Presenters must be at their poster from 2:00-4:15pm for judging and presenting.
Posters should be removed by the presenter by 4:15pm and taken with the presenter.
Any questions please contact email@example.com
Format Guidelines Poster Presentation Guidelines
- The boards for posters at Research Day measure 4 feet by 6 feet. Posters must be mounted within this space.
- A poster must cover the same materials as the submitted abstract.
- Poster templates are available from Dental Informatics. Please use an updated template
- Posters should be designed in Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe Illustrator. Both PC and Mac formats are acceptable.
- Use figures, tables, text, photographs and other illustrations to display your information in a clear and concise manner. Material should flow logically so that it “tells a story.”
- Briefly describe procedures and materials. Define all trade names first, then use generic names throughout. All compounds and drugs must be identified.
- The poster is not a publication. Avoid full sentences and use bullets to increase clarity. References are not necessary.
- Prepare all graphics neatly and legibly beforehand, then copy/paste into the template. Typed materials should be in a font large enough to read from 8 feet away (18 point minimum). Photographs should be 300 dpi JPEG format, and placed into the template using the “insert” function.
- Be sure to acknowledge all authors.
- Identify funding sources (include grant number)
NEW: Poster Printing Now through LSA-IT
Prior to placing your order and to keep all School of Dentistry posters consistent visually with the proper brand and layout, please email your final PowerPoint file to Ken Rieger (Multimedia Designer) at firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Once your poster is final, Ken will email you a print ready PDF so you’re able to upload it to LSA IT’s submission form.
- The Research Office will allow 1 print of each poster through Dental Informatics Only. When a shortcode is requested, please type in Research Day.
- Name your file with the following convention: "LastName-FirstName_EventName-Year.ppt" eg., Doe-John_Researchday-2017.ppt
(Upload your file as a Powerpoint)
- Info on MiTools or go directly to https://kb.lsa.umich.edu/lsait/index.php/Poster_Printing
- Pick-up your poster and turn in to the Office of Research
Deadline for printing requests - MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11th AT 5PM.
Presenters will need to pick-up your poster from LSA.
Posters printed at any location are due to the Office of Research (G306) by Noon on Monday, February 18th at 5PM
Research Day will cover the poster printing cost for individuals presenting an abstract at Research Day under the following conditions: