Important Clinic Update:
Since 1981, it has been our pleasure to provide oral health services to you. To take advantage of the recently renovated clinics at the School of Dentistry, we are transitioning all patients from the CDC to our main patient care clinics at the School of Dentistry, less than one mile away at 1011 N. University Ave.
The state of the art clinics and access to additional dental services and expertise will provide optimal care for CDC patients. We anticipate the transition of patients to take place by May 1, 2023. The Community Dental Clinic will close at this time. The clinic location on Ashley St. will return to the City of Ann Arbor in 2024 and has been identified as an affordable housing project site.
If you are a current Community Dental Center patient and would like to transfer your care to the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, please call 734-764-3720.
If you are a new patient wanting to establish care at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, please call 734-763-6933.
Community Dental Center is a full service dental office and offers:
- Examination and x-rays
- Teeth cleaning
- Esthetic dentistry, tooth whitening, veneers
- Periodontics (gum) treatment
- Oral surgery and extractions
- Evaluations of oral lesions
- Bite guards
- Emergency services
As part of the University Of Michigan School Of Dentistry all dental specialties are available.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
- Current state-issued or picture identification
- Dental insurance card
- A list of current prescription and over the counter medications
- Name and address of an emergency contact
- Authorization to Release Form
- Teledentistry Consent Form
- Temporary Consent Form for Adults with a Guardian and Minors - Are you bringing someone who has a guardian that is not available for the appointment? Ask the guardian to complete this information so you can bring it to the patient's appointment.
If you are accompanied by a family member or friend and would like that person to be involved in discussing your care, please print, complete and return the Family Members and Friends Involved In Discussing Patient Care Form.
Please print, complete and bring to your appointment the first 4 forms above and any other additional form(s) that apply.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A comprehensive examination and health history
- A full mouth series of radiographs (If you are in discomfort the dental staff will take specific films so the dentist/student can focus on the area of concern.)
Note:If you have had x-rays taken at another office, bitewing films - less than one year and/or a full mouth series of films - less than 5 years, you will need to have the previous office email the films to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discussion of a treatment plan with the dentist that addresses your chief concern
- Assistance from our front desk support to coordinate dental benefits and copays and schedule future appointments
FEES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
Community Dental Center accepts most insurance plans including Medicaid. Additionally, we offer a tiered fee structure through services by our pre-doctoral dental students.
MEET THE STAFF
406 North Ashley Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
734-998-9640 | Fax: 734-998-9647
The following clinic is located at the same address, on the basement level:
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 1pm