ACCEPTING THE OFFER OF ADMISSION
To accept the offer of admission, students must take the following first steps.
- $1,500 enrollment deposit - Students must pay a one-time enrollment deposit of $1,500 (applied to tuition expenses) online through Wolverine Access. Detailed instructions will be provided with the offer of admission. This deposit is non-refundable.
- Criminal background check - Shortly after being offered admission, students will receive an email from Certiphi Screening Inc. with instructions on how to initiate the criminal background check process. All admitted students will be required to complete this background check.
- UM Campus ID (uniqname) - After paying the enrollment deposit, students should create and set up their University of Michigan email username and password. Instructions will be sent via email and can also be found at Uniqname & Account Setup.
Admitted students must complete and turn in the following documents to finalize admission. Detailed instructions and links to the forms will be provided upon receipt of the enrollment deposit.
|International Student Supplemental Application Form (ISSA)||Students requesting a new visa or visa transfer will need to submit the ISSA Form to email@example.com to initiate this process. Detailed instructions on who should submit this form will be sent via email.|
|Personal Data Survey||Incoming students are required to fill out a secure online survey to provide the School of Dentistry with additional information.|
|Personal Health Responsibilities||Students must read and electronically sign an online document explaining the personal health responsibilities of a dental student (immunizations, health insurance, etc.).|
|Technical Standards||All dental students must certify that they possess certain abilities integral to the dental profession, as outlined in the Technical Standards document. A specific link to electronically sign this document will be emailed.|
|Record of Required Immunizations||Students are required to demonstrate immunity to certain diseases by having a health care provider complete and sign the Record of Required Immunizations.|
To finalize admission, students must submit National Board score reports, final dental school transcripts, and notarized copies of dental degrees/diplomas to the Office of Admissions. Instructions will be sent via email upon receipt of the enrollment deposit.
|NBDE scores||Score reports should be sent directly from the ADA by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scanned copies or photos of reports are not accepted.|
|Transcripts||Students must have their official transcripts, with final grades for all coursework, sent directly from all dental schools attended to the Office of Admissions.|
|Notarized degree/diploma||Students must submit a notarized copy of their dental degree.|
Transcripts and notarized degrees should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions - ITDP
University of Michigan School of Dentistry
1011 N. University Avenue, Room G226
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078
All dental students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of health insurance coverage. Students will attest to this coverage online through Wolverine Access after the start of the program. See Mandatory Health Insurance Guidelines for more information.
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Spectrum Center
- University Health Service
- Veteran & Military Services
Students at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry are expected to understand and follow certain Social Media Guidelines.
Find the School of Dentistry on social media in the footer below.