Posters are due Tuesday, February 9th by 1:00pm at the Office of Research (G306)
Posters will be presented at Research Day, February 10, 2016 - at the Michigan League from 2:00 - 4:15pm
Presenters must be at their poster from 2:00 - 4:15pm for judging and presenting.
Posters should be removed by the presenter by 4:15pm and taken with the presenter.
Any questions please contact email@example.com
Format Guidelines Poster Presentation Guidelines - 2016
- The boards for posters at Research Day measure 4 feet by 6 feet. Posters must be mounted within this space.
- A poster must cover the same materials as the submitted abstract.
- Poster templates are available from Dental Informatics. Please use an updated template
- Posters should be designed in Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe Illustrator. Both PC and Mac formats are acceptable.
- Use figures, tables, text, photographs and other illustrations to display your information in a clear and concise manner. Material should flow logically so that it “tells a story.”
- Briefly describe procedures and materials. Define all trade names first, then use generic names throughout. All compounds and drugs must be identified.
- The poster is not a publication. Avoid full sentences and use bullets to increase clarity. References are not necessary.
- Prepare all graphics neatly and legibly beforehand, then copy/paste into the template. Typed materials should be in a font large enough to read from 8 feet away (18 point minimum). Photographs should be 300 dpi JPEG format, and placed into the template using the “insert” function.
- Be sure to acknowledge all authors and funding sources.
Submitting Posters for Printing
- To print a poster through Dental Informatics you must have a shortcode or a voucher when submitting your poster file
- Name your file with the following convention: "LastName-FirstName_EventName-Year.ppt" eg., Doe-John_Researchday-2015.ppt
(Upload your file as a Powerpoint)
- Go to the Poster Ordering Form (Found on MI Tools under Schoolwide - Poster Printing), complete all the questions
- After you hit Submit you will be prompted to go to the UPLOAD FORM (If you encounter a problem email Ken Rieger firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after submitting the form
Deadline for printing requests through Dental Informatics - MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND AT 5PM.
Posters printed through Dental Informatics will be delivered to the Office of Research in time for Research Day.
Posters printed at other locations are due to the Office of Research (G306) by Noon on Tuesday, February 9th
Research Day will cover the poster printing cost for individuals presenting an abstract at Research Day under the following conditions:
Posters will be judged on the following criteria:
new - aadr student research day award
DDS, Dental Hygiene and MS/Certificate Students
ADA / Dentsply Award
Trip to the ADA Convention as the representative for the ADA/Dentsply Student Clinician Program, plus $125.00 spending allowance. (By Dentsply rules, only first through third year DDS students are eligible.)
1st prize: $100
1st prize: $100
1st prize: $200
All posters must be turned in to the Office of Research by Noon on February 9th. Poster tubes must be properly labeled. (Last name, First Name)
You will be given a poster number.
Any poster not turned by the due date will be required to set it up the morning of Research Day (2/11/15)
Poster Presentation - Wednesday February 10, 2016
Check-in at the Welcome Desk starting at 2:00pm
Presentation of Research is from 2:15 - 4:15PM. Do not leave your poster during this time.
At 4:15 - take down your poster and keep it with you. Do not leave your poster at Research Day (Your tube will be at the base of your poster).
The Reception and Awards Ceremony will start at 4:30PM