Clinic Billing Office
- Option #1 - secure phone line for payment with a credit card
- Option #2 - mail your payment, update name, address, insurance
- Option #3 - speak with a financial counselor
Payment for services or proof of insurance is required at the time of treatment.
Once a treatment plan has been developed and agreed upon by the provider, faculty and patient, payment arrangements can be made. A signed treatment plan must be on file.
If your account has been suspended, payment must be made in full before treatment can resume.
- Major credit cards (including Flex Benefit debit cards), money orders, cash and personal checks from local banks are accepted
- To pay with a credit card over the phone, call 734-647-4246 or toll free 1-888-707-2500 and select option #1 for a secure phone line
- To send a payment by mail, put your account number on check or money order, make payable to "Regents of the University of Michigan" and mail to one of the following locations:
- Dental School patients (student clinics), mail to: U-M School of Dentistry, Box 223129, Pittsburgh, PA 15251-2129
- Dental Faculty Associates patients (faculty clinic), mail to: U-M Dental Faculty Associates, Box 223111, Pittsburgh, PA 15251-2111
- Oral Pathology Biopsy Service, mail to: U-M Department of Oral Pathology, Box 223195, Pittsburgh, PA 15251-2195
- Community Dental Clinic patients, mail to: U-M Community Dental Clinic, Box 223172, Pittsburgh, PA 15251-2172
- The parent/guardian accompanying a minor is responsible for signing the minor’s consent and agreement form and assumes financial responsibility for treatment rendered to the minor
- If you are the patient's legal guardian, please bring photo ID, proof of guardianship and proof of insurance (if applicable)
- When the minor is emancipated or turns eighteen, he or she is financially responsible for further treatment
- The Patient Information Sheet has a full list of participating and non-participating dental insurance carriers/programs
- Claim handling for insurance companies we do not accept: we will issue a courtesy claim for you to submit to your insurance carrier once full payment has been received and posted to your account
Commonly Asked Insurance Questions
|Do you accept my insurance plan?||Refer to lists above or call your insurance provider.|
|Why don’t you accept my insurance plan?||There is not enough volume to support processing of claims.|
|Will you bill my insurance carrier for me?||No; but when your account is paid in full we provide a courtesy claim form for you to submit to your insurance company.|
|Will my benefits be paid to you or to me?||Available dental benefits will be paid directly to you.|
|What if I can’t pay on the day of service?||Set up a payment plan with a financial counselor before your scheduled treatment.|
|What if I am currently in orthodontic treatment?||We will continue to submit active orthodontic treatment claims.|
Billing Policy: The University of Michigan School of Dentistry is committed to complying with all federal, state and local laws regulating rules and professional regulatory body guidelines that involve delivery and payment of dental services.