Conflict of Interest Disclosure and Management
For further details, download pdf file: Conflict of Interest Disclosure and Management
|School of Dentistry employee requirements
- To disclose and manage any real or potential conflicts related to U-M position, including outside interests, conflict of interest, value and conflict of commitment
- Basic rule: If you or a close family member are involved in activities with an organization or person that might affect the decisions you make in your job, disclose the relationship and manage it!
|How do I complete my disclosure?
- Full time Faculty - Upon hire and annually, disclose your outside interests using M-Inform.
- Staff and Part-time Faculty: Disclose your Conflict of Interest or Conflict of Commitment to your supervisor as soon as you are aware of it using the COI Disclosure Form.
- Employees involved in research, regardless of title or effort, may also be required to disclose any conflicts of interest in eResearch.
|When do I disclose?
- Upon hire and annually thereafter
- If there are substantial changes to the nature of the activity.
|What happens after disclosure?
- Review to determine if there is a real or potential conflict of interest
- Management plan detailing actions that must be taken in order to allow the activity to continue
- Conflict of interest may be prohibited
|Conflict of Interest Resources
||Decision Tree (Full Time Faculty)
Decision Tree (Adjunct Faculty)
Conflict of Interest Update (1/16)