Clinical Associate Professor
Director of Graduate Restorative Dentistry Program
Director of Graduate General Dentistry Clinic
Cariology, Restorative Sciences, and Endodontics
School of Dentistry
University of Michigan
1011 N University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078
TEL = 734-647-7556
FAX = 734-936-1597
EMAIL = email@example.com
Graduate Restorative Dentistry Program
Co-director, Restora 550/551/560/575/580/585/747
Description of Research Area(s):
Dr. Neiva graduated from The Federal University of Paraná School of Dentistry (Brazil) in 1991. She has earned two master degrees: Master in Restorative Dentistry from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry in 1997 and Master in Clinical Research Design & Statistical Analysis from The University of Michigan School of Public Health OJ/OC Program in 2005.
Dr. Neiva has been involved in clinical and laboratory research for over 20 years. Her initial work focused on laboratory materials testing studies of composite resins, resin cements and dental ceramics resulting in a number of publications in peer- reviewed journals. For the last seven years, she has been collaborating on several large randomized clinical trials of CAD/CAM and digital dentistry technology applied to restorative dentistry. Currently underway clinical research projects include randomized longitudinal studies of chair-side CAD/CAM generated ceramic onlays and crowns with novel ceramic materials and adhesive cements. She is prospectively following up restorations that were previously placed in three different projects and documenting data following USPHS criteria. Dr. Neiva is also studying in vitro surface roughness of chairside CAD/CAM restorations of various materials.
- Fasbinder DJ, Neiva GF. Surface evaluation of polishing techniques for new resilient CAD/CAM restorative materials. J Esthet Rest Dent 2016 Vol 28 (No 1):56-66.
- Kishta-Derani M, Neiva GF, Fontana M et al. Antimicrobial potential of stevia glycosides in an in vitro microbial mouth model. Am J Dent – accepted for publication)
- Neiva GF. Chairside lithium disilicate fixed partial dentures – customized esthetics in a single firing. CEREC Doctors, 2015, Vol Q4:42-47.
- Valcanaia, A, Neiva GF, Fasbinder, DJ. Smile disharmony: Chairside Management of a Tooth-Arch Size Discrepancy. CEREC Doctors, 2016, Vol Q2:18-24.
- Garcia D, Yaman P, Dennison JB, Neiva G. Polymerization Shrinkage and Depth of Cure of Three Bulk Fill Flowable Composite Resins. J Op Dent 2014; 39-2, 000-000.
- Fasbinder DJ, Neiva GF, Dennison JB, Heys Dr. Clinical Performance of CAD/CAM-Generated Composite Inlays After 10 Years. J Cosmetic Dent Winter 2013; 28(4):134-145.
- Fasbinder DJ and Neiva GF. Computerized restorative Dentistry. J. Mich. Dent. Assoc., April 2012:34-41.
- Koh RU, Oh TJ, Rudek I, Neiva GF, Misch CE, Rothman ED, Wang HL. Hard and Soft Tissue Changes Following Crestal and Subcrestal Immediate Implant PlacementJ Periodontology, 2011 Aug;82(8):1112-20 (Epub 2011 Feb 2).
- Neiva GF. Effect of Whitening Dentifrices on Surface Roughness of Comercial Composites – a Commentary. J Esthetic Dent., 2011:Oct;23(5):346.Epub May 9, 2011
- Koh RU, Oh TJ, Rudek I, Neiva GF, Misch CE, Rothman ED, Wang HL. Hard and Soft Tissue Changes Following Crestal and Subcrestal Immediate Implant Placement. J Periodontol., 2011:Aug;82(8):1112-20. Epub Feb 2, 2011.
- Fasbinder DJ, Dennison JB, Heys D, Neiva GF. A Clinical Evaluation of Chairside Lithium Disilicate CAD/CAM Crowns: A Two-Year Report. Special Supplement to JADA, June 2010:(141) 10S-14S.
- Bin-Shuwaish M, Yaman P, Dennison JB, Neiva GF. Estimation of clinical axial extension of Class II caries lesions with ultraspeed and digital readiographs: an In-vivo study. Oper Dent 2008;33(6):613-621. [PubMed]
- Bin-Shuwaish M, Yaman P, Dennison JB, Neiva GF. The correlations of DIFOTI to clinical and radiographic images in Class II carious lesions. J Am Dent Assoc 2008;139(10):1374-1381. [PubMed]
- Koh RU, Neiva GF, Dennison JB, Yaman P. Finishing systems on the final surface roughness of composites. J Contemp Dent Practice 2008;9(2):138-45. [PubMed]
- Givens EJ, Neiva GF, Yaman P, Dennison JB. Marginal adaption and color stability of provisional materials. J Prosthodontic 2008;17:97-101. [PubMed]
- Kishta-Derani M, Neiva GF, Yaman P, Dennison JB. In vitro evaluation of tooth color change using four paint-on tooth whiteners. J Oper Dent 2007;32(4):394-398. [PubMed]
- Hasson H, Ismail AI, Neiva GF. Home-based chemically-induced whitening of teeth in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 4. [PubMed]
- Neiva RF, Neiva GF, Wang HL. Utilization of mandibular tori for alveolar ridge augmentation and maxillary sinus lifting: a case report. Quintessence Int 2006;37:131-137. [PubMed]
- Hasson H, Ismail AI, Neiva GF, Sohn W. Home-based interventions for whitening teeth in adults. Protocol for a Cochrane Review. The Cochrane Library 2003, Issue 4.
Updated on 01/02/2014