Associate Professor and Associate Chair
Cariology, Restorative Sciences, and Endodontics
School of Dentistry, Room 2351
University of Michigan
1011 N University Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078
TEL = 734-647-3904
FAX = 734-936-1597
EMAIL = firstname.lastname@example.org
additional contact information | Complete CV | Thesis (1983)
Associate Chair, CRS&E Department
Division Head, CRS&E Restorative Dentistry
Discipline Coordinator, UM SoD Restorative Dentistry Curriculum
Course Director DENT501, Introduction to the Profession
Course Director DENT502, Evidence Based Dentistry
Course Director DENT522, D1 Comprehensive Care Clinic
Course Director DENT529, Oral Healthcare Systems and Policy
Course Director DENT620, D2 Comprehensive Care Clinic
Course Director DENT655, Dental Profession and Practice
Course Director DENT755a Dental Profession and Practice
Course Director DENT755b Dental Profession and Practice
Course Co-Director DENT760, Team-Based Clinical Decision Making
Course Director DENT855, Professionalism and Practice
Course Co-Director DENTED561, Clinical Education for Residents
2014 - Co-Developer, Standardized Patient Instruction (2004-present)
2015 - Co-Developer, Virtual Cavity Preparation Instruction (2006-2007)
Mark Fitzgerald, DDS, MS, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Cariology, Restorative Sciences and Endodontics at the University of Michigan, School of Dentistry. He is also the Associate Chair of the department. Dr. Fitzgerald earned his DDS and MS in Restorative Dentistry at The University of Michigan, School of Dentistry in 1980 and 1983 respectively.
In the 1980's and 1990's he was involved in pulp biology research. His current research interests are the area of educational research.
- Piskorowski WA, Fitzgerald M, Mastey J, Krell RE. Development of a sustainable community-based dental education program. J Dent Ed 2011, 75:1038-1043.
- Piskorowski WA, Stefanac SJ, Fitzgerald M, Green TG, Krell RE. Influence of community-based dental education on dental students’ preparation and intent to treat underserved
- Sheridan RA, Hammaker DJ, de Peralta TL, Fitzgerald M. Dental Student’s Perceived Value of Peer-Mentoring Clinical Leadership Experiences. J Dent Ed 2016, 80(3), 311-17
- Ramaswamy V, Piskorowski W, Fitzgerald M, Hamerink HA, Stefanac S, Greene R, Lantz, MS. Dental Student’s Perceived Value of Peer-Mentoring Clinical Leadership Experiences. J Dent Ed 2016, 80(10):1237-44.
- De Peralta TL, Ramaswamy V, Karl E, Van Tubergen, E, McLean, ME, Fitzgerald M. Caries Removal by First-Year Dental Students: A Multisource Competency Assessment Strategy for Reflective Practice. J Dent Ed 2017, 81(1):87-95.
Updated on 01/02/2014