The Office of Faculty Affairs is responsible oversight and management of issues related to faculty appointments and promotions. This includes management of the faculty search process, faculty appointments, reappointments, promotions and tenure status and faculty development. We also support of School of Dentistry Executive Committee and Appointment, Promotions and Tenure Committees in the appointment and promotion process, support of academic departments and faculty in the appointment and promotion processes.
The MiTools link will direct you to policies and information relating to:
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Grievance and resolutions of disputes
- Sexual harassment
- Faculty-student relationships
- Conflict of interest/commitment
- Time away system
- Conflict of interest/commitment disclosure system
The University of Michigan website will provide the following information regarding:
- Standard Practice Guide (SPGs) - This document sets expectations for individual and organizational behavior for employees and departments.
- Office of the Provost - Provides academic and budgetary policy and initiatives. Information on faculty handbook, appointment and promotion guidelines.
- Board of Regents Bylaws - The Regent’s have general supervision of the institution and the control and direction of all expenditures from the institutions funds. The Regents have general powers of the university Bylaws. The Bylaws are the rules initiated by University authorities which entail the more important matters of the general university organization.
- Faculty-Staff Assistance Program (FASAP) - Offers a confidential and professional resource for dealing with personal or work related issues.
- Center for Research on Learning and Training (CRLT) - CRLT offers a variety of resources for teach strategies including resources for first day of class, class and teaching assessment and evaluations, teaching with technology, multicultural teaching and more.