Back to: Board of Governors
The Distinguished Service Award shall be created to enable the School of Dentistry’s Alumni Society to give appropriate recognition and honor to individuals who have contributed outstanding service either to The University of Michigan School of Dentistry, the School of Dentistry Alumni Society, or to the profession of dentistry.
- The Distinguished Service Award shall be conferred upon no more than three individuals each year.
- The Distinguished Service Award shall consist of a citation given for distinguished service and shall be conferred upon recipients during the annual School of Dentistry Alumni Homecoming week.
- The principal criterion to be considered in reviewing nominees for the award shall be one of outstanding service to the School of Dentistry or to the School of Dentistry Alumni Society, it being felt that other organizations adequately honor deserving individuals for professional distinction and achievement.
- Nominees shall be selected on the basis of one or more of the following criteria: (1)Professional Development, (2) Service, (3) Innovation, (4) Promotion of the Field of Dentistry.
- A Distinguished Service Award shall be given to a living person only.
- It is recommended that an Award shall not be given to a person who is at the time on active duty in the service of The University of Michigan, or is at the time an officer or employee of the Alumni Association, or is currently servicing on the Board of Governors of the School of Dentistry Alumni Society.
- The Awards Committee shall be appointed each year by the Chairman of the Society to select the recipients of the Distinguished Service Award of the School of Dentistry Alumni Society.
- The recipient need not be an alumnus of The University of Michigan.
Office of Alumni Relations
University of Michigan School of Dentistry
540 E. Liberty, STE 204
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2210
Telephone: (734) 764-6856 • Fax: (734) 615-6285