Applications and credentials of those who are interested in Orthodontics must be received by the Post-doctoral Application Support Service (PASS) no later than September 2, 2013. The following items are required with the PASS application:
1. National Dental Board Examination Part 1 scores. NBDE Part 1 scores are required to apply to the program. We accept the NBDE scores reported on your Institutional Evaluation form.
2. GRE scores. In addition to reporting your scores on PASS, GRE scores must be electronically submitted to the University of Michigan, institution code 1839. For more information on sending GRE score reports, please visit https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/scores/send/.
Please do not send paper copies.
3. The Postdoctoral Dental Match Program Code. Applicants must participate in the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program. For more information about this, please visit http://www.natmatch.com/dentres/.
4. Personal Potential Index (PPI) evaluations. You must submit 3 PPI evaluations in the PASS application.
5. Professional Evaluations (PEF is a traditional letter of evaluation). You must submit 2 PEF evaluations in the PASS application.
6. Curriculum Vitae. A curriculum vitae should be emailed to UMICHorthocv@umich.edu.
The Orthodontics program participates in the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program. After all interviews are complete and Match results are announced, accepted candidates will be contacted to submit a secondary University of Michigan application.
If you have questions about this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We now have a paperless admissions process! Please do not send paper copies of your documents to the School of Dentistry. Please review all websites and links carefully and email us if you have questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How will I know when my application is made available to the Orthodontics program for review?
A: The School of Dentistry Office of Admissions will notify applicants via email when their materials have been received, processed, and sent to the Orthodontics program for review.
Q: Do you require a photo?
A: No. A photo is not required to apply to the program.
Q: When will I be contacted for an interview?
A: The Orthodontics Department is responsible for all interview invitations. The department will contact you directly about interview offers.
Q: Do you require official Dental School transcripts to be sent to the University of Michigan?
A: At the time of application, you do not need to send your official dental school transcripts to our institution.
Q: What is the estimated cost of the Orthodontics Graduate program?
A: You can find an estimate of tuition per semester online at http://www.ro.umich.edu/tuition/tuition-fees.php. The Orthodontics program is part of Rackham Graduate School. Students are registered for three semesters per year for 3 years. This information will help you when looking at the estimated cost of the program.