|admission | competencies | curriculum & prerequisites | financial information | orientation | online faculty|
Graduate Program - MS in Dental Hygiene Online
Is online learning right for me?
The Master of Science in Dental Hygiene Online Program offers students the opportunity to earn a master’s degree without having to relocate. It is a convenient and direct route to meet the challenge of today’s advanced dental hygiene educational requirements.
Courses are scheduled in a sequence to allow for completion of this 36 credit hour program in a 24 month period. Students will enroll in two courses each semester earning 6 credit hours during each of the six contiguous semesters of the program. Transfer of credit from other graduate programs cannot be accommodated.
Before applying for the online program, applicants should ask themselves these questions.
- Do I live within reasonable access of an entry level dental hygiene program?
- As part of this program, students will be required to student teach 1 day or more a week.
- Are my work and family schedules flexible?
- In order to accommodate required individual and group study time, students should be able to commit at least 20 hours a week to the program (includes weekends).
- In order to accommodate student teaching and thesis research, students should have a minimum of one weekday day available.
- Am I ready for online learning?
- Online learning requires a high degree of personal motivation and discipline. Complete this questionnaire to help determine if you meet the profile of a successful learner in a distance educational environment. Online Learning Readiness Assessment (San Diego Community College).
- Do I have reasonable computer skills?
- Students must be able to navigate a variety of computer software programs including Word, PowerPoint, as well as comfortable in functioning in web-based environments. Before applying, take the Readiness Assessment (Foothill College) to help determine if you are ready to participate in an online program. If you fall short in any areas, local community colleges and adult community education programs offer a variety of computer courses.
- Do I have high speed internet?
- Online students must have high speed internet access service such as DSL, cable or satellite service.
-- See links above for admissions, curriculum, financial and other information. --
For more information, contact:
Phone: (734) 763-3392 (weekdays between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST)
Email: email@example.com (Please specify Online MSDH in subject line)