Billing & Insurance
The parent/guardian accompanying the child is responsible for signing the child’s consent and treatment plan agreement form. By signing these forms the parent/guardian assumes the financial responsibility of the child’s treatment plan. Payment for services or proof of insurance is required at the time of treatment.
For complete information, visit School of Dentistry Patient Services Billing & Insurance.
Pediatric Dentistry Appointment Policies
The University of Michigan School of Dentistry has the right to discontinue treatment at any time for noncompliance with our policies or failed appointments.
Children usually respond better if the parent remains in the waiting room during treatment. However, in certain circumstances, the faculty member may permit a parent to accompany the child.
- only one parent can be present in the treatment area
- the parent is required to wear safety glasses and a blue drape
- the parent must remain seated in the chair provided
- we ask the parent to be a “silent” observer, if the parent would like the procedure to be stopped, please tell the operator directly
We make every effort to be on time for your child’s appointment and we ask that you do the same.
- patients arriving 20 minutes or more late to their scheduled appointment may be asked to reschedule
- allow at least 2 hours for all dental appointments, unless you are informed otherwise
- if you need to change or cancel your child’s appointment, you must contact our office with at least 24 hour business notice
Because we are a dental school, training students/residents who have limited time in our clinics, we have a rigid appointment policy regarding FAILED APPOINTMENTS.
- if you do not contact our office with at least 24 business hours notice it will count as a failed appointment
- if you do not show up for the scheduled appointment it will count as a failed appointment
- As students rotate through the Dental School clinics, your child may not be seen by the same provider for all of his/her visits.