Clinical Associate Professor
Cariology, Restorative Sciences, and Endodontics
School of Dentistry, Room 2347
University of Michigan
1011 N University Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078
TEL = 734-647-4149
FAX = 734-936-1597
EMAIL = firstname.lastname@example.org
additional contact information | Complete CV
Course Director, DENT521, Dental Anatomy and Occlusion
Core Faculty, Restorative Dentistry
Dr. Vivas received his dental degree at the Universidad Central of Venezuela in 1992. Five years later, completed a Posdoctoral Scholar Program in Prothodontics and Restorative Dentistry at The University of Michigan.
His clinical teaching activities involve Restorative Dentistry at the undergraduate and Graduate level. His main research interest is in implant denstistry.
Description of Research Area(s):
Dr. Vivas is involved in laboratory and clinical investigations of restorative materials for esthetic dentistry and Prosthodontics (all-ceramic restorations, cements).
- Sierraalta M, Vivas J, Razzoog M, Wang R. Precision of fit of titanium and cast implant frameworks using a new matching formula. Int J of Dent 2012; Vol. 2012, Art ID 374315, doi: 10.1155/2012/374315.
- Vivas J, Sierraalta M. Interocclusal record fabricated with bis-acrylic composite resin and vinyl polysiloxane registration material. J Prosthet Dent 2009;3:199-200. [PubMed]
- Vivas J, Yaman P, Taylor G. Effect of different surface treatments on the shear and flexural re-bond strength for micro-hybrid composite. J Contemp Dent Prac 2009;10(5):E001-8. [PubMed]
- Abbo B, Razzoog ME, Vivas J, Sierraalta M. Resistance to dislodgment of zirconia copings cemented onto titanium abutments of different heights. J Prosthet Dent 2008;1:25-29. [PubMed]
- Bloem TJ, Baxter WD Jr, Vivas J. Spark erosion implant prosthetics in the management of an acquired maxillofacial defect. J Mich Dent Assoc 1996;3:50-54. [PubMed]
Updated on 01/02/2014