Clinical Associate Professor
Director of General Dentistry Clinic
Cariology, Restorative Sciences, and Endodontics
School of Dentistry
University of Michigan
1011 N University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078
TEL = 734-647-7556
FAX = 734-936-1597
EMAIL = email@example.com
Description of Research Area(s):
Dr. Neiva is involved in clinical research of restorative dental materials (composite resins, resin cements, dental ceramics and tooth whitening) as well as digital technologies, such as digital impression systems and CAD/CAM systems for chair-side applications. Currently underway clinical research projects include randomized longitudinal studies of chair-side CAD/CAM generated ceramic onlays and crowns with novel ceramic materials (lithium disilicate and nano-ceramic) and adhesive cements. She is also currently investigating the clinical application of a digital impression system for conventional zirconia crowns and digitally veneered zirconia crowns. In addition, she is evaluating the use of a digital impression system for longitudinal measurement of the progression of tooth abrasion and erosion and salivary pH studies of subjects with tooth erosion.
- Fasbinder DJ and Neiva GF. Computerized restorative Dentistry. J. Mich. Dent. Assoc., April 2012:34-41.
- Koh RU, Oh TJ, Rudek I, Neiva GF, Misch CE, Rothman ED, Wang HL. Hard and Soft Tissue Changes Following Crestal and Subcrestal Immediate Implant PlacementJ Periodontology, 2011 Aug;82(8):1112-20 (Epub 2011 Feb 2).
- Neiva GF. Effect of Whitening Dentifrices on Surface Roughness of Comercial Composites – a Commentary. J Esthetic Dent., 2011:Oct;23(5):346.Epub May 9, 2011
- Koh RU, Oh TJ, Rudek I, Neiva GF, Misch CE, Rothman ED, Wang HL. Hard and Soft Tissue Changes Following Crestal and Subcrestal Immediate Implant Placement. J Periodontol., 2011:Aug;82(8):1112-20. Epub Feb 2, 2011.
- Fasbinder DJ, Dennison JB, Heys D, Neiva GF. A Clinical Evaluation of Chairside Lithium Disilicate CAD/CAM Crowns: A Two-Year Report. Special Supplement to JADA, June 2010:(141) 10S-14S.
- Bin-Shuwaish M, Yaman P, Dennison JB, Neiva GF. Estimation of clinical axial extension of Class II caries lesions with ultraspeed and digital readiographs: an In-vivo study. Oper Dent 2008;33(6):613-621. [PubMed]
- Bin-Shuwaish M, Yaman P, Dennison JB, Neiva GF. The correlations of DIFOTI to clinical and radiographic images in Class II carious lesions. J Am Dent Assoc 2008;139(10):1374-1381. [PubMed]
- Koh RU, Neiva GF, Dennison JB, Yaman P. Finishing systems on the final surface roughness of composites. J Contemp Dent Practice 2008;9(2):138-45. [PubMed]
- Givens EJ, Neiva GF, Yaman P, Dennison JB. Marginal adaption and color stability of provisional materials. J Prosthodontic 2008;17:97-101. [PubMed]
- Kishta-Derani M, Neiva GF, Yaman P, Dennison JB. In vitro evaluation of tooth color change using four paint-on tooth whiteners. J Oper Dent 2007;32(4):394-398. [PubMed]
- Hasson H, Ismail AI, Neiva GF. Home-based chemically-induced whitening of teeth in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 4. [PubMed]
- Neiva RF, Neiva GF, Wang HL. Utilization of mandibular tori for alveolar ridge augmentation and maxillary sinus lifting: a case report. Quintessence Int 2006;37:131-137. [PubMed]
- Hasson H, Ismail AI, Neiva GF, Sohn W. Home-based interventions for whitening teeth in adults. Protocol for a Cochrane Review. The Cochrane Library 2003, Issue 4.
Updated on 09/23/2013