Clinical Assistant Professor
Cariology, Restorative Sciences, and Endodontics
School of Dentistry, Room 2064
University of Michigan
1011 N University
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1078
EMAIL = email@example.com
Course Director, First year preclinical courses DENT519/520
Course Director, Course Director, Advanced Operative for second year dental students DENT614
Course Director, Advanced Operative for second year dental students DENT614
Faculty in second year preclinic courses and DENT720/820, Comprehensive Care Clinic
Dr. Van Tubergen received her DDS in 2006 fro the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and a PhD degree in Oral Health Sciences in 2012 with a focus on head and neck tumor progression from the University of Michigan.
She began her teaching career in 2014 and has embraced educational research and continues to finish research projects from her PhD training.
- Thornberg MJ, Bayirli B, Riolo CS, Riolo ML, Van Tubergen EA and Kulbersh R.Periodontal pathogen levels in an adolescent population before, during, and after fixed orthodontic appliance therapy. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop
- Patil CS, Liu M, Zhao W, Coatney DD, Li F, Van Tubergen EA, D’Silva NJ, Kirkwood KL. Targeting mRNA stability arrests inflammatory bone loss. Mol Ther 2008;16:1657-64.
- Van Tubergen EA, VanderBroek R, Lee J, Taylor J, Carey T, Bradford C, Prince M, Kirkwood KL, D’Silva NJ. Tristetraprolin regulates IL-6 which is correlated with tumor progression in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer 2011;117:2677-89.
- Palanisamy V*, Jakymiw A*, Van Tubergen EA*, D'Silva NJ, Kirkwood KL. Control of cytokine mRNA expression by RNA-binding proteins and microRNAs. J Dent Res 2012;91:651-8. *co-first authors
- Banerjee R, Russo N, Liu M, Van Tubergen E, D’Silva NJ. Rap1 and its regulatory proteins: the tumor suppressor, oncogene, tumor suppressor gene axis in head and neck cancer. Small GTPases 2012;3:192-7.
- Scanlon C, Van Tubergen EA, Inglehart R, D’Silva NJ. Biomarkers of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. J Dent Res 2013;92:114-21.
- Russo N, Wang X, Liu M, Banerjee R, Goto M, Scanlon CS, Metwally T, Inglehart R, Tsodikov A, Duffy S, Van Tubergen EA, Bradford C, Carey T, Wolf G, Chinnaiyan AM, D’Silva NJ. A novel approach to biomarker discovery in head and neck cancer using an autoantibody signature. Oncogene 2013;32:5026-37.
- Feinberg S, Willis AL, Wolf G, Carey T, Bradford C, Prince M, Kirkwood KL, D’Silva NJ. Downregulation of tristetraprolin in squamous cell carcinoma promotes invasion via IL-6, MMP-9 and MMP-2. Clin Cancer Res 2013;19:1169-79.
- Scanlon CS*, Van Tubergen EA*, Chen L-C, Elahi SF, Kuo S, Feinberg S, Mycek M-A, D’Silva NJ. Characterization of squamous cell carcinoma in an organotypic culture via sub-surface nonlinear optical molecular imaging. Exp Biol Med 2013;238:1233-41. *Co-first authors.
- Banerjee R*, Van Tubergen EA*, Scanlon CS, VanderBroek RE, Lintz J, Liu M, Russo N, Inglehart R, Wang Y, Polverini PJ, Kirkwood KL, D’Silva NJ. The G-protein coupled receptor GALR2 promotes angiogenesis in head and neck cancer. Mol Cancer Ther 2014;3:13233-22. *Co-first authors.
- Tubergen E, Inglehart RC, Metwally T, Mani RS, Yocum A, Nyati MK, Castilho RM, Varambally S, Chinnaiyan AM, D'Silva NJ. TRIP 13 promotes error-prone nonhomologous end joining and induces chemoresistance in head and neck cancer. Nat Commun 2014;5:4527.
- Tubergen EA, Corson SL, Asangani IA, Mistretta CM, Chinnaiyan AM, D’Silva NJ. Galanin modulates the neural niche to favour perineural invasion in head and neck cancer. Nat Commun 2015;6-6885.
Updated on 01/02/2014