Student & Classrooms > Student Absence Form
Students can use this form to report an absence.
Student & Classrooms > Classroom Equipment
View list of classroom equipment
We strongly encourage users to familiarize themselves with the available classroom technology prior to first use.
Student & Classrooms > Lecture Podcast
Student & Classrooms > Graphics
Dental Informatics can provide the following Illustration and Graphic Design Services
Large format poster printing Poster Templates
Medical illustration / Graphic Design - Contact Ken Rieger for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Dental School and UM Logos
Scanning CAIDent has regular flatbed scanners as well as 2 additional scanners with transparency adapters for slides and radiographs. Those 2 scanners are in the monitor's area immediately to your right as you enter CAIDent.
Student & Classrooms > Video
Dental Informatics can provide video recording of events or procedures. Some fees may apply. Contact UMDentVid@umich.edu for more information.
Technology Recommendations for Students
Student & Classrooms > Technology Recommendations
Computer Purchasing Guidelines >
This information is meant only as a general guide for students in your decision to purchase a computer for your use at the School of Dentistry. Computers are a personal preference, so whether you choose a PC or a Mac, below are our recommendations for that device:
Please visit Computer Showcase (http://computershowcase.umich.edu/new-students/) as they can assist you with the purchase of a new laptop or device, as well as, securing your software needs (i.e. Microsoft Office) at student discount rates. HP/Dell and Apple also provide education discounts.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the HelpDesk at 763-3318.
- Computer Specifications
- Operating Systems
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: OS X 10.10 to 10.13
- iOS: 9.3
(Linux not supported)
- Memory (RAM) -4GB or more
- Hard Drive - at least 120 GB
Note: For any device, make sure you have at least 500MB free space
- Battery Life - at least 4 hours
- Network - built-in wireless is essential
- Warranty - Suggested 4 years for the duration of your program at the School, but minimally 3 year warranty
- Operating Systems
- Password Protect your computer: whether using a PC or MAC laptop we strongly recommend that the device be secured with a login password for your protection. If you have any questions on how to do this, please call the HelpDesk at 3-3318 or stop down to our office in B322.
- Install Antivirus – we strongly recommend that you download and install an antivirus product for the protection of your computer. Campus (ITS) provides free downloadable software for both PC and MAC devices. Please visit http://safecomputing.umich.edu/antivirus/ to download.
Note: if you have a Windows 8 or higher device, an antivirus from campus is not needed since it is already built into the machine.
- MWireless – this wireless network is available throughout the School and provided by central campus Technology Services (ITS). For information about using the wireless service and for setting it up on your computer, visit http://www.itcom.itd.umich.edu/wireless/connect/.